Would you like to drive for the biggest taxi company in Portsmouth?
A private hire driver is self-employed and consists of either working days, nights or full time, the choice is yours once you are ready to start. A private hire badge is required to lease one of our vehicles. To obtain a badge you will need the following requirements requested by the Portsmouth City Council Licensing Department:
- Approval and signature of a taxi operator
- Undergo a medical by your own GP
- A drug test is needed which is carried out at the Licencing Dept, Civic Office,GuildhallTaxi
- Two references from people who have known you for at least 3 years (not relatives, partners or someone in the taxi industry)
- That you have held a full current driving licence for at least 12 months
- A Police check by the criminal records bureau
- A Dockyard Security Pass
Since 1st May 2011 drivers who wish to enter the Dockyard require a pass.
There is no charge for the pass and application is voluntary.
Drivers without a pass will NOT be allowed to enter the Dockyard and will have to drop off fares at the main gate.
The forms can be filled in online.
The forms can be printed and filled in with Black Ink, and in this case leave pages 19-21 blank.
Click here for a link to the application form (Word doc).
For any further information, and to discuss the opportunity to lease a car from us please phone 023 9266 5111 and ask for Nathan Burrows or Steven Mills.